Graduation Ceremony & Walk
CAP/GOWN & GRADUATION PACKET DISTRIBUTION;
ORDER OF GRADUATION CEREMONY; DIPLOMA DISTRIBUTION;
EXPECTATIONS & CONSEQUENCES; QUESTION & ANSWER SESSIONS
Upcoming Events — Question & Answer Session
Mars Area High School will host a Question & Answer Session at 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 11, to discuss the school’s planned Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony & Walk
Mrs. Lindsay Rosswog, principal, along with members of the school’s Graduation Team will be available to answer specific questions about the ceremony; cap/gown and graduation packet distribution; and expectations for graduates and their families.
To access the meeting visit https://meet.google.com/xog-dafi-mpv; or call 1 (563) 316-2604 and enter the PIN: 332 682 287#.
Below is a brief description of the Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony & Walk:
- The Graduation Ceremony & Walk will take place on the Mars Area High School campus (parking lots) at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 12. (Note: In the event of light rain, the event will be held as scheduled. If necessary, a rain date is scheduled on Saturday, June 13.)
- All graduates will be assigned one parking spot, for one vehicle only. There will be no tickets.
- All vehicles (families/graduates) are asked to arrive a minimum of 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony. All vehicles should be parked by 5:50 p.m.
- Parents and families will remain in their vehicles AT ALL TIMES. Graduates will be the only individuals permitted outside of their vehicles aside from school staff.
- Graduates will receive their diploma from an administrator and then walk the marked route through the parking lots passing their peers and families.
- All vehicles must remain parked in the assigned spot until the entire ceremony is complete — approximately two (2) hours.
- AT ALL TIMES social distancing will be maintained. The only exception will be when an administrator delivers the diploma to the graduate. There will be no contact, but the administrator will be within six feet of the student.
More information will be forthcoming regarding specific directions for attending the Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony & Walk as well as the traditional aspects of the ceremony, including the possible recordings of speeches; distribution of caps/gowns/stoles/pins; and specific individualized information about parking and the expectations for the ceremony on the high school campus.