Skip to main content

Mars Area High School

Mobile Menu Toggle
Our School » Principal's Welcome

Principal's Welcome

A Word to Parents

It is impossible to overstate the importance of your involvement in your child's education. The hours a student spends in school each year account for only 15 percent of his/her total time. The other 85 percent is spent in your care and under your guidance, nurturing and supervision. If you show your child that a good education is important, you will make a tremendous difference in your child's achievements and attitude toward school.

Mars Area High School is your child's school, it is your school, and it is the symbol of our investment in future generations. The accomplishments of our students become your accomplishments. An excellent school system is our greatest local investment. This is why we ask that parents become partners with the staff at Mars Area High School. Parents are encouraged to:
  • Communicate with teachers by writing and receiving notes;
  • Read the school handbook (available on the District's website);
  • Monitor when homework assignments and projects are due; and
  • Call the school with concerns or issues regarding your child.
As partners, not adversaries, we can collaborate to ensure that Mars Area High School fulfills its primary goal of student learning.


Mrs. Lindsay Rosswog, Principal
Mrs. Jessica Semler, Assistant Principal

Principal's Profile
 

Lindsay RosswogMrs. Lindsay Rosswog is the principal at Mars Area High School.

Rosswog previously served as a assistant principal at Mars Area High School during the 2015-2016 School Year. Prior to joining Mars Area School District, Rosswog served as Director of Instruction & Curriculum at Clayton Academy in Pittsburgh, a teacher coach and teacher at John B. Stetson Charter School in Philadelphia; and a teacher at Hampstead Hill Academy in Baltimore, Md.

She holds a master’s degree in elementary education from Johns Hopkins University; a bachelor’s degree in political science from Pennsylvania State University; and principal certification from Waynesburg University.

A 2004 Mars Area graduate, Rosswog is a resident of Mars.


Assistant Principal's Profile
 
Jessica SemlerMrs. Jessica Semler is the assistant principal at Mars Area High School.

Semler began her career at Mars Area School District as a second grade teacher (2009-2012) at Mars Area Elementary School, before moving to a third grade teaching position (2012-2021). In 2015, she also served as a elementary principal intern in the District. Prior to joining the District, Semler completed her student teaching at Hartman Elementary School (Ellwood City School District) and Haine Middle School (Seneca Valley School District).
 
At Mars Area School District, Semler was a member of the Instructional Technology, Technology Planning, Safety Mechanics and Comprehensive Planning teams as well as a member of the Safety Differentiated Supervision; Third Grade Language Curriculum Writing; Third Grade Social Studies Curriculum Writing, and Third Grade Novel List committees. She has also served as a mentor for new staff members; as a summer STEAM Camp and Junior Acheivement facilitator; and, as a coordinator of a school-wide Food Drive at Mars Area Elementary School  
 
She holds a master's degree in educational leadership with a principal certification (K-12) and a bachelor's degree in elementary education from Westminster College (New Wilmington, Pa.). 
 
Semler is a Mars Area High School graduate.