National Honor Society
National Honor Society (NHS) is an organization established to recognize outstanding high school students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of leadership, scholarship, service, and character.
- A WGPA of 3.9 or higher
- Community service hours — 24 hours for sophomores, 36 hours for juniors. (Note: Community service hours MUST come from at least two (2) different organizations.)
- Four (4) school/community activities for a minimum of two (2) years each. A leadership position on your application will reduce the necessary activities from four (4) to three (3). (Note: Activities cannot be of the same type — sports, music, church, etc.)
A copy of the applicant’s official transcript must be included with his/her application.
If accepted and inducted into National Honor Society, a commitment to leadership, scholarship, character and volunteer work is mandatory.
All National Honor Society members must:
- continue to participate in school and community activities
- complete and verify 18 volunteer hours per year
- maintain a 3.9 GPA
- not have any detentions, suspensions, or incidences of academic dishonesty
- attend meetings (during activity period)
- participate in NHS activities and events including future NHS inductions