College Application Procedures
Applying to colleges involves gathering and organizing necessary information and materials and following a set process described to seniors. To help alleviate some parental stress and answer questions regarding the presentation to seniors, we provide the following synopsis:
- Check out college admission requirements and deadlines on the specific college's website.
- Complete an official application online through Naviance.
- Complete or request any additional materials required in the application process (essays, recommendation letters, teacher and counselor evaluations and application fees).
- Request that the senior counselor send an "official" transcript to the college admissions office with all necessary documents.
- If a mid-year report is required by the college, notify the senior counselor.
Note: Many colleges and universities require a minimum of four to six weeks to process an application.