Career Planning Resources
It is never to early for students to begin exploring their career options. Some tips may include:
- Keep up on school assignments.
- Explore a variety of high school courses.
- Think about the type of job(s) in which you may have an interest.
- Get experience.
- Ask an employed adults what they like/dislike about their jobs.
- Talk with your parents about school and your future plans.
Various opportunities such as employment, internships, training, etc., are available for students interested in planning for a career. For more information, click on the appropriate links provided in the right-hand column of this page.
Career Exploration Websites
The following websites offer information on exploring the variety of careers and educational opportunities available to both college and high school graduates:
- American Career Info Net - www.acinet.org
- America's Job Bank - www.ajb.dni.us
- Best Jobs in the USA Today - www.bestjobsusa.com
- Butler County Chamber of Commerce - www.butlercountychamber.com
- Career Builder - www.careerbuilder.com
- CareerJet.com - www.careerjet.com
- Career Resource Center - www.careers.org
- College & University Career Centers - www.jobweb.comEmergency Medical Services - www.pa-ems.org
- Internship Programs - http://internshipprograms.com
- Monster Jobs - www.monster.com
- Nation Jobs Online Job Database - http://nationjob.com
- O*Net (Dictionary of Occupation Titles) - www.doleta.gov/programs/onet/
- Princeton Review - www.princetonreview.com
- Scholastic Registry - www.scholasticregistry.com
- Spherion - www.spherion.com/corporate/careercenter/home.jsp
Any organizations and/or links listed on this page are offered for informational purposes only and do not constitute any endorsement or warranty of services by Mars Area School District. Any individual choosing to contact any of the above organizations does so at their own risk and Mars Area School District, it agents and employees assume no liability that may be attributed to use of these providers/agencies.