To be eligible for a diploma from Mars Area High School, a student must complete the courses and credits outlined below. Credits toward graduation are accumulated beginning with Grade 9. The following basic courses are required of all students in all curricula.
A one-credit course will meet one (1) period per day, five (5) days per week for a complete academic year (two (2) semesters). Courses that are one (1) semester long will carry one-half credit.
- Science Requirements: Students must successfully complete the following three Science courses: Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Mathematics Requirements: Students must successfully complete the following three Mathematics courses: Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II.
- Technology Education Requirements: All 9th grade students must be enrolled in Foundations of Technology in the Technology Education area.
- Business Education Requirements: All 9th grade students must be enrolled in Foundations of Business in the Business area.
- Communication Requirement: All 10th grade students must successfully complete Foundations of Communication.
- Health & Physical Education Requirements: All students must successfully complete the Health 9 course as part of the Health and Physical Education Requirements.
All students must meet these requirements to graduate from Mars Area High School and participate in commencement exercises.